Friday 15 April 2016

Introductions






I have been riding motorbikes for the last 5 years mostly for commuting so have clocked up a silly number of miles in the few years I have been on a bike. Over the last year I have found that I enjoy riding more for the pleasure of it and also a way to see new places and meet new people.

For me this blog will be sharing the adventures I have on my bike as well as any project work on the bike. There are already a couple of road trips planned for this year which I am really looking forward to.




My current bike is this 2015 Suzuki GSX-S1000. I brought it last year after going out to Blade in Swindon and spending a couple of days there just riding as many different bikes as I could. At the time I wasn't planning on buying a new bike I was happy with the one I had (Suzuki Gladius) for commuting on. After riding a few different bikes it opened my eyes to how riding for pleasure differed to commuting and made me want something I could have for years to come and just enjoy.

Not much has been done to the bike as of yet just cleaning up some of the lines with a tail tidy, seat cowlsmaller indicators and bar end mirrors. this has made the bike look a lot cleaner.

I have some ideas for some more cosmetic work to come which could completely change the way the bike looks, time will tell








I came back to biking five years ago, I’m a sports bike adrenaline junkie and general all-round petrol head. I have owned a number of litrebikes now starting with the 99’ blade which I was helped to crash by an oblivious car driver resulting in various injuries including several cracked vertebrae and a broken collarbone.

Six months later, once I had put my life (and spine) back together I progressed onto a K5 GSXR 1000 which really was a brilliant bike which prompted my first baby steps into bike modding when I bought and installed my first slip-on, added an MRA screen and upgraded stopping with braided hoses and HH pads.

Circumstances enforced it’s premature sale, which I’m still kind of sad about, but once again when my life was put back on the rails I bought an R1 Streetfighter 01 model , the low down grunt provided by it’s carbed power delivery made that bike a real character, bit of a monocycle really…



These days I ride a Yamaha R1 08 model (4c8 to das geeks ) personally I feel it offers the best balance of power to weight /looks/cost of any R1 available and responds very well to modification…


My modding soon became a full blown mental disorder and I have done all sorts with this bike which I hope to share via blog articles and vlogs as well as our rides, trips and general musings on the bike industry.





No comments:

Post a Comment